Thursday, March 06, 2008

Size XS Singlespeed

This bike is a product of the 80/20 rule of bike building, that is, that once you have 80% of the parts necessary for a project, you should acquire the other 20% regardless of the cost.
The frame has been in the family since 1998; the wheels are a shed-find, leftover from an MTB to commuter conversion; the RockShox Tora fork was homeless, having a too-short steerer for a workmate's singlespeed project.

93-ish 170mm XTR cranks.
34 x 18 gear.
Araya RM20 rims on 7-speed Shimano Deore hubs.
Chain tensioned by a Surly Singleator

Syncros Gain bars and FL stem, hand me downs from the recent 29er upgrade.

Labels: ,


Post a Comment

<< Home